Finding a roommate is exciting, but it's important to exercise caution when it comes to meeting your Perfect Match. Follow these quick tips to help ensure your safety bases are covered.
1. Don't share personal information, and keep your conversations on the Roommates.com platform.
2. Ask detailed questions about the individual/place before you meet.
3. Plan to meet at a public location.
4. Have a phone or video call before you meet up.
5. Be sure to do your research! Look up the person you're talking to before you meet.
6. If you can, bring a friend or family member with you. Be sure to share your location and times you expect to be gone with someone you trust.
7. Social media is your friend! Check in to your location so others know where you are.
8. Keep your phone charged and on your person at all times.
9. As a general rule, never carry large sums of money or valuables on you.
10. Follow your instincts. If you have an uncomfortable feeling, don't meet. There are plenty of other options!