Deactivating Your Account
To deactivate your account via our website, please follow these steps:
- Click on your avatar or profile picture on the top right-hand corner of the page.
- Choose "Account" from the drop-down.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the "cancel your account?" link.
- Choose your reason for canceling your account and provide any additional detail you think would be helpful for us to know (we appreciate the feedback).
- Click on the "Deactivate My Account" button.
- Your account is now deactivated and hidden from the site, but we do provide a 30-day window to reactivate in case you need to come back! All you have to do is sign back in and verify that the info is still correct.
On our mobile app:
- Tap the menu icon in the upper right.
- Choose "Account Settings".
- Scroll to the bottom and choose "Switch Account Type" and follow the directions from there.
What if I do nothing?
Sometimes people ghost, and that's ok. We get it and after a while, we will take the hint!
- After 44 days of not logging into your account, we will automatically deactivate your account for you.
- But don't worry, you will still have the 30-day window to come back and reinstate your account after it has been deactivated if you'd like. We'd be happy to see you again!
Hint: If you "Hide" your profile, it will delay step 1 from beginning its 44-day countdown for 3 months. Please see our "Hide Profile" FAQ below for more info on hiding your profile.