Deactivating Your Account
To deactivate your account, please follow these steps:
- Click on your avatar or profile picture on the top right-hand corner of the page.
- Choose "Account" from the drop-down.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the "cancel your account?" link.
- Choose your reason for canceling your account and provide any additional detail you think would be helpful for us to know (we appreciate the feedback).
- Click on the "Deactivate My Account" button.
- Your account is now deactivated and hidden from the site, but we do provide a 30-day window to reactivate in case you need to come back! All you have to do is sign back in and verify that the info is still correct.
What if I do nothing?
Sometimes people ghost, and that's ok. We get it and after a while, we will take the hint!
- After 44 days of not logging into your account, we will automatically deactivate your account for you.
- But don't worry, you will still have the 30-day window to come back and reinstate your account after it has been deactivated if you'd like. We'd be happy to see you again!
Hint: If you "Hide" your profile, it will delay step 1 from beginning its 44-day countdown for 3 months. Please see our "Hide Profile" FAQ below for more info on hiding your profile.