Archiving a Message
Roommates.com makes it easy and safe to communicate with other potential roommates, but sometimes you have too many messages in your inbox to scroll through or you are done with the thread. We understand how this can be annoying so we allow you to archive your messages to remove unneeded threads from your inbox.
To archive a message, please follow these steps:
- Navigate to your messages inbox by clicking on "Messages".
- Click on the message thread you wish to archive.
- Click the red "Archive" option if you are using the website. If using the mobile app, click the three dots in the upper right and choose "archive."
- Confirm your wish to archive the message.
Didn't mean to archive a thread or want to get it back into your inbox? No worries, just follow these steps:
- Navigate to your messages inbox by clicking on "Messages" next to your profile picture or avatar.
- Toggle your inbox to your archive box by clicking on "Archive" right beneath your profile picture or avatar on the website or by clicking on the "Inbox" dropdown and choosing "Archive" for the mobile app.
- Choose the conversation you'd like to un-archive. Click on the red "Restore" option for the website, for the mobile app tap the 3 dots in the upper right and choose "restore."
- The thread should now be back in your regular inbox.